About the Sector Support & Development Project
The Sector Support & Development Officer provides support to existing Commonwealth Support Programme (CHSP) and Community Care Supports Program (CCSP) services in the region and looks at bigger picture issues such as:
- planning and development of services
- identifying needs
- liaising with other health and specialist disability services
- identifying training needs and coordinating training at regional level
- promoting consumer involvement and advocating on behalf of consumers
- reporting important issues to the funding bodies
- producing promotional material about CHSP funded services
- informing and assisting services in the Region to respond to and implement program initiatives.
The Sector Support & Development Officer interacts with CHSP services in Eastern Sydney through the Eastern Sydney Home Support Forum.
For people looking for a CHSP service in Eastern Sydney, doctors and service providers themselves please download our Eastern Sydney Home Support Brochure.
Eastern Sydney Home Support Forum
The Eastern Sydney Home Support Forum is a meeting place for CHSP funded and related services, such as NSW Health, National Respite for Carers Program, Community Aged Care Packages, covering the Local Government Areas of the City of Botany, City of Sydney, Randwick, Waverley and Woollahra.
HACC services are provided by many different organisations that specialise in particular types of service, and have specific knowledge, expertise and skills. Organisations that provide CHSP serivces incldue community organisations, councils, government departments, charities, churches and some private organisations.
There are very strong networks between CHSP services in Eastern Sydney, with some staff having worked along side one another in the CHSP sector for many years. These strong networks are important to ensure that coordinated and quality services are provided in our region. A local community-based approach to service provision helps tap into a supportive community to help frail aged people, people with a disability and their carers feel valued and cared for.
The Terms of Reference set out the aims and key activities of the Eastern Sydney Home Support.
The aim of the Forum is to:
- support the development and delivery of quality services to the CHSP target group in response to identified needs;
- facilitate effective information flow between stakeholders;
- provide a basis for joint advocacy on CHSP related issues; and
- support the wellbeing and effective functioning of member agencies.
This is achieved through a combination of regular meetings, working parties and cooperative action.
The Forum holds service provider expos twice a year to provide opportunity for sharing information between the range of community, health and private providers that assist older people and people with disability in Eastern Sydney.
Inner Sydney Voice our quarterly publication also covers CHSP issues you can see some of these articles on our Inner Sydney Voice website